What difference does it make?
Sep. 26th, 2026 07:51 pmThe past few days have been same as usual, low energy. This is mostly cause my sleep for most days has been unsettled with bad dreams (like no I don’t wanna think about Midna being hurt, stop that).
Tuesday was the library stint which was thankfully quiet. I read one of the Fantastic Four comics and a story from Poirot Investigates so that was something. (But ugh my focus was off in general so I’ve not read Clown In A Cornfield 2 like I hoped at all).
Wednesday I heard there was a thing at Argos where switch 2 games were £20. I decided to go to see if I could get Star Fox but alas, despite it showing up in the system as that, they’d not sell it. It’s pretty clear what happened now though. They had a deal where if you bought a switch 2 you could get a game for £20 but someone clearly messed up.
The trip felt mostly a waste, though I did see cute Guinea pigs and picked up the m and s Christmas book for mum and her friend. (And I got two funkos from TK.) But going there and back for nothing was frustrating and draining.
And speaking of missing out on switch 2 games Hyrule Warriors now isn’t in stock at Smyths so I missed out on that. Damnit. (They still had display copies out today so it’s likely they were the same Monday but still…)
There has been a rumour that there was going to be a Doctor Who cinema showing in November and a that’s turned out to be true. They’re doing a showing of Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit (just titled The Satan Pit) which is one of my fav eps I’ve kept meaning to rewatch. The cinema is getting it so yay! But it’s listed as being 2 hours. Now it has been said it’d be edited and extended but that’s a full half hour longer so ???
The remote for the tv went missing and we had no luck trying to find it Thursday (and still have no idea where it is) so I had to order a new remote. Thankfully the base price was less than the last one and it had 20% off as well but still… I’ve no idea where it is.
Last night I finished the first season of The Pitt and damn, that whole thing was A Lot. Especially when the Pittfest stuff happened. But it was so good, just intense. I’m not gonna start season 2 for awhile, mostly cause spooky season is coming. (So there’s Below and Yaga, plus I really do wanna finish The Beauty or American Horror Story, and new Tales From 85 just went live too)
I decided to go and see Howl’s Moving Castle at the cinema today. I had considered making it a double bill with something but Hope was too long (and would be a late night as opposed to Monday’s day showing), I didn’t feel up to watching Coraline and everything else was either later or the same time. (Though I do wanna see Resident Evil again, but I have ordered the 4k steelbook. It’s funny I resisted getting such things and now have three preordered😭)
Before I went I did have an accident, I broke the Bowser keychain I got from the cinema. Thankfully it just broke at the top, so the image isn’t ruined, but it’s still a shame.
Everywhere apart from the cinema felt busy. The train was full, Smyths was full, Burger King was busy (so it took forever to get my food which I felt I needed so didn’t care it wasn’t as warm as usual).
The cinema though was quiet, I think there was about 7 people in there total but that suited me. Though I do wish I’d not missed the last three of the Ghibli films they did (Laputa, Princess Mononoke and Whisper Of The Heart, the latter two I expected cause it was last week)
(The cinema had the Iron Man helmet popcorn bucket but damn it’s £45)
There were three trailers, Forgotten Island (the one I didn’t focus on at Shaun The Sheep), Arietty (cause it’s getting a rerelease too, though I’m not as fussed about seeing that) and only one other. The third was a trailer for Wildwood, but it was less an actual trailer and more about showing off the behind the scenes artistry. And damn it looks so impressive, with all the sets and all the details. It really is so beautiful.
But anyway Howl’s Moving castle really is so beautiful, but that’s to be expected of course. I love the design of the titular castle and the steampunk vibes of the ships and planes. I love Calcifer and turniphead, they’re both cute and Howl is hot of course. And of course Sophie and Marki too.
But it stuck me how anti war it is, especially the scene where they see a warship and Sophie asks who’s it is and Howl’s response is ‘what difference does it make’ and it’s true, because you get the sense of the horror and devastation of war and how people do horrible things in the name of it yet it also feels so… pointless.as wars often are. The reason isn’t really given either (though it seems to do with a missing Prince) though again that doesn’t really matter because whatever the reason it doesn’t justify all of that.
Next cinema trip will be Monday for Hope, which’ll likely be a solo watch cause it’s almost 3 hours (and is when you add trailers and such). But at least it starts at 11:15am which is one of the best showing times
(And I’m still indecisive about the gig next week, why am I in one of those can’t make decision moods)
Tonight gonna watch the rest of Strictly, the new Marble Hall Murders and then… I dunno. Depends how I feel and my focus.
Tuesday was the library stint which was thankfully quiet. I read one of the Fantastic Four comics and a story from Poirot Investigates so that was something. (But ugh my focus was off in general so I’ve not read Clown In A Cornfield 2 like I hoped at all).
Wednesday I heard there was a thing at Argos where switch 2 games were £20. I decided to go to see if I could get Star Fox but alas, despite it showing up in the system as that, they’d not sell it. It’s pretty clear what happened now though. They had a deal where if you bought a switch 2 you could get a game for £20 but someone clearly messed up.
The trip felt mostly a waste, though I did see cute Guinea pigs and picked up the m and s Christmas book for mum and her friend. (And I got two funkos from TK.) But going there and back for nothing was frustrating and draining.
And speaking of missing out on switch 2 games Hyrule Warriors now isn’t in stock at Smyths so I missed out on that. Damnit. (They still had display copies out today so it’s likely they were the same Monday but still…)
There has been a rumour that there was going to be a Doctor Who cinema showing in November and a that’s turned out to be true. They’re doing a showing of Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit (just titled The Satan Pit) which is one of my fav eps I’ve kept meaning to rewatch. The cinema is getting it so yay! But it’s listed as being 2 hours. Now it has been said it’d be edited and extended but that’s a full half hour longer so ???
The remote for the tv went missing and we had no luck trying to find it Thursday (and still have no idea where it is) so I had to order a new remote. Thankfully the base price was less than the last one and it had 20% off as well but still… I’ve no idea where it is.
Last night I finished the first season of The Pitt and damn, that whole thing was A Lot. Especially when the Pittfest stuff happened. But it was so good, just intense. I’m not gonna start season 2 for awhile, mostly cause spooky season is coming. (So there’s Below and Yaga, plus I really do wanna finish The Beauty or American Horror Story, and new Tales From 85 just went live too)
I decided to go and see Howl’s Moving Castle at the cinema today. I had considered making it a double bill with something but Hope was too long (and would be a late night as opposed to Monday’s day showing), I didn’t feel up to watching Coraline and everything else was either later or the same time. (Though I do wanna see Resident Evil again, but I have ordered the 4k steelbook. It’s funny I resisted getting such things and now have three preordered😭)
Before I went I did have an accident, I broke the Bowser keychain I got from the cinema. Thankfully it just broke at the top, so the image isn’t ruined, but it’s still a shame.
Everywhere apart from the cinema felt busy. The train was full, Smyths was full, Burger King was busy (so it took forever to get my food which I felt I needed so didn’t care it wasn’t as warm as usual).
The cinema though was quiet, I think there was about 7 people in there total but that suited me. Though I do wish I’d not missed the last three of the Ghibli films they did (Laputa, Princess Mononoke and Whisper Of The Heart, the latter two I expected cause it was last week)
(The cinema had the Iron Man helmet popcorn bucket but damn it’s £45)
There were three trailers, Forgotten Island (the one I didn’t focus on at Shaun The Sheep), Arietty (cause it’s getting a rerelease too, though I’m not as fussed about seeing that) and only one other. The third was a trailer for Wildwood, but it was less an actual trailer and more about showing off the behind the scenes artistry. And damn it looks so impressive, with all the sets and all the details. It really is so beautiful.
But anyway Howl’s Moving castle really is so beautiful, but that’s to be expected of course. I love the design of the titular castle and the steampunk vibes of the ships and planes. I love Calcifer and turniphead, they’re both cute and Howl is hot of course. And of course Sophie and Marki too.
But it stuck me how anti war it is, especially the scene where they see a warship and Sophie asks who’s it is and Howl’s response is ‘what difference does it make’ and it’s true, because you get the sense of the horror and devastation of war and how people do horrible things in the name of it yet it also feels so… pointless.as wars often are. The reason isn’t really given either (though it seems to do with a missing Prince) though again that doesn’t really matter because whatever the reason it doesn’t justify all of that.
Next cinema trip will be Monday for Hope, which’ll likely be a solo watch cause it’s almost 3 hours (and is when you add trailers and such). But at least it starts at 11:15am which is one of the best showing times
(And I’m still indecisive about the gig next week, why am I in one of those can’t make decision moods)
Tonight gonna watch the rest of Strictly, the new Marble Hall Murders and then… I dunno. Depends how I feel and my focus.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-27 10:40 am (UTC)