(no subject)
Sep. 19th, 2026 02:46 pmWell today was the hospital appointment and…
I decided to call before we went to see if it was still on (someone on the village went to hospital for something else and found out it was cancelled when she got there) but the call was weird. There was some issue on there end and they sounded far away and didn’t even seem to hear me, so I gave up on the call…
Then when I was in the bathroom before going they called again, but as soon as I spoke they hung up (and the number didn’t accept incoming calls).
Rattled from it, we still went anyway and… it was pointless. I was there about half an hour and saw two people but the tests that they did were just basic ones again. The doctor I saw said I needed replacement glasses but only after having another test, something with electrodes on my head. Of course that means having to go in again (because of course it’s not doable today) so I have to go back again at some undefined point. Ugh.
We went round the stores near the hospital but didn’t get anything (I went in Cineworld cause they had £1 merch but they had all gone, so I dunno why they still head the offer on the screens). Then we went to town to get the bus back and I had a bit of better Lou k.
Forbidden Planet had the Star Trek 60th Anniversary comic (the last one, with Picard) as well as the Trek Evermore oneshot and the Tales From 85 Dustin Funko. They also gave me a freebie of a Batman comic cause of the anniversary which is cool.
What’s with anniversaries lately though? Star Trek, Zelda, Pokémon, Batman all close together for some reason.
So anyway we were back but 1:40 with no answers. (But at least my Project Hail Mary cd soundtrack came)
On the plus side it means I can go to Camp Miasma tonight, I’m just debating whether to go see Resident Evil too. It doesn’t look like they have the Resident Evil bag/bucket, which looks really cool. So if anyone sees one lemme know, I’d gladly pay for it.
I did find out why the cinema had Detective Pikachu seemingly randomly, for the Pokémon anniversary. They even have an event with art on sale and crafting but alas it finishes at 5. If only I hadn’t had the appointment today, ugh.
Other things, I won a copy of the updated Two Point Hospital the other day from a Dev stream, so I’m just waiting for the key to come through.
I’m debating going to the Natewantstobattle gig in Birmingham in just under two weeks. What’s making me hesitate has been the set lists from the American dates, which feel both a bit short and lack any of the Zelda music he’s done. Hopefully at least one gets added for the European leg, though of course the Birmingham date is the second one so I’d likely not find out. (On the plus side if I do I might actually get his music at last.
Anyway now I’m gonna rest a bit before heading out.
I decided to call before we went to see if it was still on (someone on the village went to hospital for something else and found out it was cancelled when she got there) but the call was weird. There was some issue on there end and they sounded far away and didn’t even seem to hear me, so I gave up on the call…
Then when I was in the bathroom before going they called again, but as soon as I spoke they hung up (and the number didn’t accept incoming calls).
Rattled from it, we still went anyway and… it was pointless. I was there about half an hour and saw two people but the tests that they did were just basic ones again. The doctor I saw said I needed replacement glasses but only after having another test, something with electrodes on my head. Of course that means having to go in again (because of course it’s not doable today) so I have to go back again at some undefined point. Ugh.
We went round the stores near the hospital but didn’t get anything (I went in Cineworld cause they had £1 merch but they had all gone, so I dunno why they still head the offer on the screens). Then we went to town to get the bus back and I had a bit of better Lou k.
Forbidden Planet had the Star Trek 60th Anniversary comic (the last one, with Picard) as well as the Trek Evermore oneshot and the Tales From 85 Dustin Funko. They also gave me a freebie of a Batman comic cause of the anniversary which is cool.
What’s with anniversaries lately though? Star Trek, Zelda, Pokémon, Batman all close together for some reason.
So anyway we were back but 1:40 with no answers. (But at least my Project Hail Mary cd soundtrack came)
On the plus side it means I can go to Camp Miasma tonight, I’m just debating whether to go see Resident Evil too. It doesn’t look like they have the Resident Evil bag/bucket, which looks really cool. So if anyone sees one lemme know, I’d gladly pay for it.
I did find out why the cinema had Detective Pikachu seemingly randomly, for the Pokémon anniversary. They even have an event with art on sale and crafting but alas it finishes at 5. If only I hadn’t had the appointment today, ugh.
Other things, I won a copy of the updated Two Point Hospital the other day from a Dev stream, so I’m just waiting for the key to come through.
I’m debating going to the Natewantstobattle gig in Birmingham in just under two weeks. What’s making me hesitate has been the set lists from the American dates, which feel both a bit short and lack any of the Zelda music he’s done. Hopefully at least one gets added for the European leg, though of course the Birmingham date is the second one so I’d likely not find out. (On the plus side if I do I might actually get his music at last.
Anyway now I’m gonna rest a bit before heading out.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-20 06:57 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-21 09:46 pm (UTC)