shadowhive: (Lola Cute)
[personal profile] shadowhive
The past few days haven’t been too great due to a triple threat of tiredness, sickness and then depression.

Tiredness was from the cinema trip last Friday, which seemed to hit me harder. For whatever reason. I dunno the cause of the sickness, I assume it was something I ate but it only lasted a night and day (and I wasn’t actually sick). Depression also didn’t have a cause but came over like a dark cloud and has lingered for days, it’s still there and won’t seem to go away, coming stronger at nights which… ugh.

Bleh.

Weekend was mostly uneventful other than watching stuff.

Bond Proms: which was really good, easily the best prom this season. They found such great singers (and even had Lulu back which was sweet). Oddly some slots were taken by music from other things (The Avengers, the man from uncle and I think something else) which felt pretty needless, especially with so many good bond songs. Also the last song, We Have All The Time In The World unexpected made me emotional

Clue: Saw it was on Paramount + so watched it for Tim Curry. It’s still fun and wild to me how they managed to manage to turn a board game into a film and make it work. But I also found out that Carrie Fisher was almost Miss Scarlet which ??

As Above So Below: Saw it was leaving Amazon prime so decided to watch and it’s pretty good, thanks to using the already atmospheric and creepy catacombs under Paris as a starting point. I also love things that have things where they shouldn’t be. And wild to see Higgins from Magnum as the main character

(Both of those were instead of my intended thing of watching American Horror Story)

The Sheep Detectives: Watched the blu ray, come for the sheep solving a murder, find out it’s actually deeper and sadder (yes it did get me even more). Still sad the blu ray has nothing in the way of special features, like ??

That was it for film watching. I did watch Futurama (unexpected poly rep??) and Strange New Worlds (which was pretty good and also had Beto back which a plus) but otherwise…. Not much.

Feeling sick meant I didn’t see Insidious Monday as planned, so I switched to my back up day of yesterday… but I didn’t do that either, due to the updated cinema listings. (So next cinema trip is tomorrow, just to see Ponyo, plus use Tesco vouchers I got in the mail)

The cinema has added more showings for Colony, which was gonna be just at 8pm Monday, so I’m gonna see it at the new time of 12pm and then follow it with Insidious.

Also the listings, finally, added Camp Miasma but only have three showings and each one is terrible. The first is Saturday but it’s not until 10:30pm (which isn’t usually a time the cinema has) and so it ends an hour after the last train. Sunday as one at 8:50pm which ends 5 minutes before the last train (and I don’t think I’d be fast enough to get it). The third is Tuesday at 8pm, which usually would be a good time… but we’re going to the theatre for The Mousetrap the following day so…

I’m hoping more showings get added Monday on the new listings but if not… I will probably try for it, even though it’s not a good idea.

Sigh.

Anyway, I did have luck with some things. Sonic x Shadow Generations deluxe was on sale on the switch 2 so I was able to pick it up on Monday, hours before it left the sale. It’s good timing cause fortnite made me want sonic stuff. Will I actually play it or will it be like Bonnie Bear or Viewfinder and just sit there? Stay tuned and find out.

Also while out with Naryu we saw a shop with a shelving unit outside for £15. I’d wanted to get a bigger one for my blu rays but wasn’t sure if it would be the right size, so I grabbed one from home, checked and got it when it fit. It is quite big (four times the size of the one I was using) and was a bargain (the ones I was looking at were twice the size of the one I was using and £25). The downside is that it can’t fit things bigger than blue rays, so some boxsets won’t fit (so Ghostwatch can’t fit, nor can the Doctor Who blu rays). But I’m fairly sure it could probably fit every other blu ray I have, though the top shelf is still gonna be favs and second arrow films.

The other downside? I’d got a place I was going to put it, but of course mum raised objections and wants stuff doing there and it’s slowing getting it set up. Which is especially annoying since there’s not much time over the next week and it’s currently in front of the washer. (I had put it in the garage but moved it when we were due a storm). So I feel this’ll be a source of stress and tiredness. Sigh

But anyway, plan tonight is Taskmaster, attempting to find something to distract my depression brain and then tomorrow’s town trip. (We’ll see if the blu ray shelf can get sorted over the weekend)

Date: 2026-09-05 01:34 pm (UTC)
turps: (Default)
From: [personal profile] turps
I'm sorry you've been hit with the sad again ♥

I watched Taskmaster and think I'm going to enjoy this season.

I was going to go to the cinema this weekend, but there's not a thing on at a time I'd go. Odeon is doing the £4 tickets and seem to have filled the day time spots with kids films.

Date: 2026-09-06 02:52 pm (UTC)
kat_lair: (Default)
From: [personal profile] kat_lair
Hope you got to put the shelves up, tidying things into their proper places can be so satisfying.

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    1 2 3
4 56 78910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 9th, 2026 01:50 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios