shadowhive: (Cinnamoroll Spooky boy)
[personal profile] shadowhive
Spooky Season Day 3

Games - Dreamlight, Fortnite

Again these were both just doing random stuff, more enjoying the themeing of both than doing more spooky,

Shudder - Infirmary (new to me)

The description from shudder: Recovered bodycam footage reveals a security guard's first night inside an abandoned hospital, where disturbing incidents and a sinister intruder send his shift spiraling out of control.

As this is a new release (only being added to shudder Friday) further thoughts are under the cut.

I’d seen the trailer for Infirmary a few weeks ago and I’d been really curious about it because it looked pretty good. If it’d hadn’t been for the gig I’d have watched it Friday but as it was, I watched Saturday.

Due to the location I expected it to be in a similar vein to Grave Encounters (which I’ve not watched in awhile) or Gonjiam Haunted Asylum but the location had different vibes. While those abandoned hospitals were dark and decayed, clearly having been empty for many years. This one however wasn’t like that. The lights were still on in most of the rooms and there were still furnishings around which made it much more liminal. They really did use the sets so well, with corridors and rooms looking creepy even when they were empty, or perhaps because they were. (I also feel I probably missed a few things, it does feel a type of film with things that are blink and you miss it)

The facing is a bit on the I guess languid side? Like for the first parts it’s more slightly unsettling, waiting for something to happen though there is a few clearly signs something is off. For me it did work but I can also see how some would be frustrated by it. (And there is an odd sequence with the new security guard alone that it’s tricky to get a reading of)

The cast is pretty small just three people. Edward, the new security guard is sweet and cute but you can also tell he isn’t being honest. Lester, his supervision is a dick but he is an ex cop which makes sense. A large portion of the film is them together and ugh… he’s just an ass.

But what made it for me is the reveal of just what the supernatural thing is. It would’ve been so easy to go with the obvious, the ghosts of patients but they went a different direction. I do wish it had been leaned into more though, but you’ve got to admire doing something different.

Letterboxd rating: 4/5 (I went between that and 3.5)

I also had some spooky streams on, but it was more to listen to than watch as my focus was pretty off.

***

Not much else to ramble about though last night when I went to bed something unusual happened.

I’d just gone up and got in bed, pulling the covers over me. Naryu was curled at the end of the bed (I say curled it’s more stretched out). I’d just settled in and I felt movement on the bed, though it wasn’t Naryu. I expected it to be Leia so I reached an arm out (expecting to feel soft fur or her to zoom off) but it wasn’t.

Instead I felt Midna! She never comes up on my bed at nighttime so it was so strange. Not only that but she wanted to come under the covers, bumping her lil head against me and wanting head rubs while purring loudly. It was so sweet but so strange. 🖤 she stayed on my chest for a bit until she wandered off.

Today’s been uneventful really. I did finish Benidorm is Murder (odd way to end the series), then Taskmaster catch up (pretty fun especially the hiding thing) and now I’m watching Celebrity Pottery Throw Down. Tonight I’m gonna watch something spooky but I’m not sure if it’ll be a film or just an ep of Tales From 85 (and I wanna try fic too)

Tomorrow is gonna be the trip to see Hope which is good cause it means I’m avoiding mums friend coming (cause Hope’s first showing is 11:30, so I have to leave at about 10:30-10:45.

Date: 2026-10-05 12:50 pm (UTC)
turps: (Default)
From: [personal profile] turps
That is such an adorable thing for Midna to do. I wonder if she was a little chilly? Or maybe, just wanted to give some random love <3

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    1 2 3
4 5678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 5th, 2026 11:35 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios